In 1996, as part of its Special Year on Logic and Algorithms, DIMACS hosted the first Federated Logic Conference (FLoC’96), which brought together four synergistic conferences:
-13th Conference on Automated Deduction (CADE)
- 8th International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV)
- 11th IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS)
- 7th Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA).
The 1999 Federated Logic Conference (FLoC’99) was held in Trento, Italy.
In addition to 16th CADE, 11th CAV, 14th LICS and 10th RTA, it comprised 15 affiliated workshops.
The 2002 Federated Logic Conference (FLoC’02) took place in Copenhagen, Denmark. It merged 18th CADE, 14th CAV, 17th LICS and 13th RTA with:
- 11th Formal Methods Europe symposium (FM)
- 18th International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP)
- 11th Conference on Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods (TABLEAUX) and 31 affiliated workshops.
The 2006 Federated Logic Conference (FLoC’06) was held in Seattle, USA.
In addition to 18th CAV, 21st LICS, 17th RTA and 22nd ICLP, it combined:
- 3rd International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR), itself a merger of CADE, TABLEAUX and other meetings
- 9th Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT)
with 41 affiliated workshops.
The 2010 Federated Logic Conference (FLoC’10) was held in Edinburgh, UK. In addition to 22nd CAV, 26th ICLP, 5th IJCAR, 25th LICS, 21st RTA and 13th SAT, it included
- 23rd Computer Security Foundations Symposium (CSF)
- 1st International Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP), itself a combination of 23rd TPHOLs (Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics) and the 9th ACL2 Workshop
and 48 affiliated workshops.
The 2014 Federated Logic Conference (FLoC'14), was part of the Vienna Summer of Logic, included:
-26th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV)
-27th IEEE Computer Security Foundations Symposium (CSF)
-30th International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP)
-7th International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR)
-5th Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP)
-Joint meeting of the 23rd EACSL Annual Conference on Computer Science Logic (CSL) and the 29th ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS)
- 25th International Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA) joint with the 12th International Conference on Typed Lambda Calculi and Applications (TLCA)
17th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT)
FLoC Olympic Games (System Competitions)
SAT/SMT Summer School 2014
and over 70 workshops.
FLoC 2018 was hosted in Oxford. In addition to CAV, CSF, LICS, ICLP, IJCAR, ITP and SAT, the conference again included FM, as well as:
-3rd International Conference on Formal Structures for Computation and Deduction (FSCD), a merger of RTA and TLCA
-The School on Foundations of Programming and Software (FoPSS)
and affiliated workshops.
FLoC 2022 will be held in Haifa.
In addition to CAV, CSF, LICS, ICLP, IJCAR, ITP, SAT and FSCD, the conference will include:
- 28th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP)
- 34th International Workshop on Description Logics (DL)
- 19th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR)
- 20th International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning (NMR)
and affiliated workshops
FLoC 2026: FLoC will continue to build on the success of its past conferences and the continuing impact of logic on computer science. FLoC conferences will be overseen by ACM-SIGLOC, the ACM Special Interest group on Logic and Computation.